Often users expect the Email autoresponder (EAR) to send out emails right away.
However please keep in mind that:
1. The EAR will only work for emails sent out AFTER the activation date of the EAR.
2. Delivered, Out for Delivery statuses are based on information we receive from DHL, FEDEX, UPS, and USPS. If packages are sent with other carriers then those events will not trigger.
3. Make sure you have the “Use Estimated Delivery Times for Unsupported Carriers” option enabled in your settings
4. Orders that were gifts on Amazon will not be sent an email since they won’t provide any contact information.
We have created a tool where you can check for each order why a specific EAR is not triggering.
Click on the “Check Order” link.
On the next page, you can see a list of your latest orders and the status they have against the EAR. You can just also enter an order id there and find the order directly.
For each order, you can see exactly at what point in time we detected an event. And all the way to the right you can see a final status of that order for this particular EAR.
For example, in the order, we searched for in this image you can see that the status is Ignored the order was created/placed before the activation of the EAR.
Other statuses are:
- Pending: Order matches all the criteria of this EAR, but the event has not triggered. (for example, it has not been 3 days after the order was delivered)
- Ignored: Order is ignored for this EAR.
- Sent: The EAR triggered and has sent an email to the client.
If you have any special cases, we’ll gladly check it for you, just contact us.